The GLO Center Executive Director
Salary & Benefits:
- Proposed salary of $50,000, dependent on final decision of funding request
- Yearly stipend for healthcare
- A portion of remote hours possible
The GLO Center is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to join our team as Executive Director. This full-time position will be responsible for overseeing the organization’s programs, managing day to day operations within the center, and engaging with stakeholders. The Director will play a key role in advancing our mission and expanding our reach within the community.
Community Correspondence: Respond to all incoming communication from the community in a timely manner. Including phone calls, emails, and social media messages. These include requests for support, partnership, resource referrals, etc.
Program Implementation: Implement and manage innovative programs and initiatives that support the LGBTQ+ community, including markets, internships, and events.
Communication: Develop and implement a comprehensive communication strategy to effectively reach and engage with stakeholders.
Volunteer Recruitment and Retention: Recruit, train, and support volunteers to assist in program implementation and events. Foster a positive and inclusive volunteer culture, providing guidance, recognition, and growth opportunities.
Event Planning and Execution: Plan and execute events including, but not limited to, community forums, membership socials, and markets. Coordinate all aspects of event management, including logistics, marketing, and participant registration.
Center Operations: Manage day to day operations of the center, including, but not limited to, opening and closing procedures, building maintenance, maintaining and restocking supplies, and staffing.
Reporting and Evaluation: Track program outcomes and prepare regular reports for the GLO Center Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., nonprofit management, communications, social sciences) or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in program development, implementation, and evaluation within the nonprofit sector, preferably in the LGBTQ+ community.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of LGBTQ+ issues, advocacy, and community resources.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines effectively.
- Experience in volunteer recruitment, engagement, and management.
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting, with the ability to use metrics to drive decision-making.
- Collaborative mindset, with the ability to build relationships and work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Proficient in computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, Canva, or equivalent design program, and content management systems.
The GLOCenter is committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, including members of the LGBTQ+ and BIPOC communities, are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please provide examples of how your background and skill set would further GLO’s mission included below:
The GLO Center is a nonprofit that serves the LGBTQIA community in the Ozarks through support, resources, education, and advocacy, to create a more inclusive and welcoming community where all can thrive.