January 15th - May 3rd, 2024
- Daily Center Operations Support:
- Assist the Executive Director in managing the day-to-day activities of the center.
- Provide administrative support, including handling emails, phone calls, and scheduling.
- Collaborate with staff members to ensure efficient operations and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for visitors.
- Event Planning Assistance:
- Work closely with the Executive Director to plan and organize various events, workshops, and programs.
- Assist in coordinating event logistics, such as venue selection, vendor coordination, and equipment arrangements.
- Help with event promotion and outreach to attract diverse participants and engage the LGBTQ+ community.
- Community Engagement:
- Participate in outreach efforts to connect with local organizations, sponsors, and community partners.
- Collaborate with the board of The Glo Center to align event planning and operations with the organization’s vision and goals.
- Establish connections and maintain relationships with other local non-profits to foster collaboration and support shared initiatives.
- Committee Involvement:
- Interns will have the opportunity to join and support board committees
- These interns will primarily report to their respective committees but may also assist the Executive Director with office tasks from time to time.
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Commitment to the mission of The GLO Center
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Self-discipline and time-management skills needed to work independently
- Dependable and punctual team player
- Some availability Monday-Friday between the hours of 10:00 am- 4:00 pm, and reliable availability Saturday 10:00 am- 2:00 pm
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with the public in a professional manner
- Commitment to advocating for intersectionality within the LGBT+ community
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Forms, and Sheets
- Attendance of center events
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass a background check
Your application should include:
- Your updated resume, highlighting relevant experience and skills.
- A well-crafted cover letter expressing your passion for LGBTQ+ rights and explaining why you are the ideal candidate for the internship and what your unique experiences in the community would bring to GLO.
- Clearly specify your availability during the internship period including any planned absences and class schedules.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Join The GLO Center’s team and make a positive impact on the LGBTQ+ community while gaining valuable experience in nonprofit management and event planning. If you have any questions or need further information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at
Good luck with your application!