The Community Resource Coordinator is responsible for managing the Community Help Desk, Ozarks Inclusion Project, client referral and resource materials, and supporting volunteers assigned to Center Support functions. Additionally, this position assists the Executive Director with the efficient day-to-day operations of, and administrative duties associated with, programs and services of The GLO Center. These support services include volunteer training and scheduling, data entry, client services, external client and vendor communications, supply and inventory acquisition and maintenance, donor acknowledgments, and other duties as assigned. Must be available to work weekends and evenings.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the Ozarks Inclusion Project, assists with increasing number of businesses and organizations listed, and maintenance of the OIP website
- Manages the coverage of the Help Desk and information referrals, including answering phones and greeting the public.
- Maintains, updates, distributes/posts agency resources (external referrals, bulletin boards, social media, flyers, publications).
- Assists clients in accessing center programs, provides external referrals
- Assists with updating Center social media accounts with relevant and engaging information.
- Supports Executive Director in recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers. Maintains adequate volunteer staffing. This includes scheduling and task assignment.
- Assists with special event volunteer recruitment, planning, and event execution.
- Attends all required staff, Board, and agency meetings.
- Represents The GLO Center at required community meetings and events.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- At least 1-2 years of professional, educational, or life experience with transgender communities
- Project coordination experience is essential
- Strong understanding of and interest in transgender and gender expansive issues, and additional intersections of identity
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; Bilingual preferred not required (English/Spanish or English/ASL)
- Strong ability to manage emotionally challenging situations with utmost professionalism, care and discretion
- Ability to provide precise, well-written documentation
- Demonstrated computer skills, experience with Wordpress strongly preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize assigned duties
- Ability to work independently and in small groups
- Knowledge of existing local community resources strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, socio-economic statuses, immigration statuses, and genders
- Ability to meet deadlines and work within a team-based environment
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and overtime, as needed
- Outgoing personality with high level of comfort meeting new people and demonstrates exemplary customer service.
We are looking for someone who enjoys engaging in social situations, working with the public, and willing to learn about services available in the Ozarks. A desire to engage the local LGBTQ community and work behind the scenes to fulfill this mission is strongly desired. Candidates who have previous experience working with communities of color, community-based organizations, socioeconomically disadvantaged populations, and/or LGBTQ populations preferred.
Please email resume to: Krista Moncado, Executive Director at ED@glocenter.org. No phone calls.