The GLO Center is proud to provide LGBTQ+ cultural competency training to organizations and businesses in the Ozarks through our Ozarks Inclusion Project funded by the Community Foundation of the Ozarks.
The GLO Center's Executive Director, Krista Moncado (she/her), has been a skilled trainer for years working a multitude of organizations in the area. She is able to provide your team with vital comprehensive training about the LGBTQ+ community.
Why is an LGBTQ+ Cultural Competency Training Important?
- LGBTQ+ people live right here in the Ozarks
- Using the best language for LGBTQ+ individuals increases level of care and trust
- The LGBTQ+ community is diverse with people are of all ages, income levels, races, religions, and abilities
- LGBTQ+ people face increased barriers to services and thus more disparities than the rest of the population
- Understanding the LGBTQ+ population increases level of services available to LGBTQ+ individuals
What does an LGBTQ+ Cultural Competency Training Do?
- Provide the most up-to-date language regarding the LGBTQ+ community
- Give facts on the barriers and disparities that LGBTQ+ populations you serve experience
- Supply you with best practices that you can use every day with LGBTQ+ individuals with whom you work
- Equip you with the best tools to be inclusive in all facets of your work and life
- Empower you to be an ally for LGBTQ+ employees, coworkers, and clients